Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HIP HOP UNIVERSITY PRESENTS...THE PLAYLIST VOL. 1

Ok people I decided to do the damn thing...I went ahead and made a compilation featuring 30 tracks from the first part of 2008.  This will be a bi-yearly series entitled Hip Hop University Presents...The Playlist Vol. 1.  Originally I was going to split it up into 3 different albums (Mainstream, Indie, Underground), but then I decided that f* it, that would be to many tracks and good music is good music!  As you can tell from the tracklist my hip hop tastes and preferences are all over the place...from the hipster style of DJ Hoppa to the soulful sounds of Elemental Zazen & Sound Sketch to the straight up Gangsta Rap of artists like Bossolo.  My hip hop flavor spans over many sub genres.  I hate this quote, but I think it is sort of appropriate in this particular case, real recognize real.  Most of these tracks are underground/indie, but there are a couple of gangsta tracks as well including the best westcoast gangsta song of 2008, Bossolo's Killa Cali (ya i know bold statement, but I stand by that).  So check out the album and give me some feedback!

TRACKLIST
1. THE ROOTS - RISING DOWN
2. ATMOSPHERE - YESTERDAY
3. NAPPY ROOTS - GOOD DAY
4. LYRICS BORN - DIFFERENCES
5. DJ HOPPA - GRAGANTUAN BACKPACK FT. GENERAL POPULUS
6. THE GROUCH - THE TIME FT. MARTY JAMES
7. BOSSOLO - KILLA CALI
8. THE GROUCH - BREATH
9. BLU - JUST ANOTHER DAY
10. EVERLIVEN SOUND - THE PAST
11. TECHOMEGA - REVOLUTION IN WORDS
12. SOUND SKETCH - LISTEN (PROD. BY BEATWIZE)
13. U-N-I - THE SHOW
14. THE CAMP - WALK ON BY
15. J LIVE - THE ZONE FT. CHALI 2NA (OF JURASSIC 5)
16. SOUND SKETCH - PACKIN BAGS (PROD. BY BEATWIZE)
17. EVERLIVEN SOUND - QUE SERA SERA FT. TY-CHEE
18. CHAUNDON - UNDERSTANDING FT. DARIEN BROCKINGTON & PERCEY MIRACLES
19. eMC - WE ALRIGHT FT. STRICKIE LOVE
20. CROOKED I - NEW WEST ANTHEM (N.W.A.)
21. SNOOP DOGG - IT'S THE D.O.G.
22. MACK 10 - STREET SHIT FT. GLASSES MALONE & BUTCH CASSIDY
23. THE CAMP - WHY
24. J LIVE - YOU OUT THERE
25. 9TH WONDER & BUCKSHOT - READY (BRAND NEW DAY)
26. BORN TALENT - BAD SIDE
27. INVERSE - SPOTLIGHT FT. DEACON THE VILLIAN
28. BLACK ELEMENT - HUMAN
29. ELEMENTAL ZAZEN - MACHINE
30. DJ HOPPA - GET TO KNOW YOU FT. CLEAN

3 comments:

wizdm said...

woah woah....first of all, i havent heard of most of that shit and second of all you gotta include:
living legends "she wants me"
lyrics born "shake it off"
snoop "my medicine" and "cant say goodbye"
butch cassidy "i got swagger" (dont know if its from 08)

if those songs i just listed are on my OG List, they betta be on your top 30.

P.E.A.C.E. said...

living legends shae wants me...was the last song cut out..the snoop songs were considered, but decided not to, butch cassidy is from 2007 and shake it off is from 2005 homey! and yo wizdm...your fooling no one, i know its u evan...but anyway thanks for the support and if you havent heard most of the songs...open ya mind and ya ears mayne...haha

Beatwize said...

Awesome man! Props on both tracks from the Sound Sketch album bro!